Looking to buy a new home?
Here is a plumbing checklist to go over before you buy!
Buying a new home is stressful, and for good reasons. It is easily one of the most crucial and expensive decisions you’ll ever have to make (no pressure!!) I know that can sound scary, but Sunshine Plumbing of South Florida is here to help you. We’ve arranged a plumbing checklist for homebuyers to make sure you don’t waste your money on a home with cruddy plumbing.
Here is a plumbing checklist you should review before buying a home:
- Flush the toilets in each bathroom multiple times to insure the plumbing is working properly. Watch out for any clogging or poorly flushing toilets.
- Make sure you know the size of the pipes in the house. To get an ideal amount of water pressure for your house, you’ll want at least 3/4″ pipes from water source to home, and 1/2″ or more to faucets.
- Test all showers for pressure, turn them all on full blast and let it run for a couple of minutes. Ensure that you are okay with the water pressure from the showers.
- Make sure the current water heater isn’t too old. Look for signs of corrosion or wear and tear on the water heater and parts of the water heater. Ask when it was last serviced. If it is too don’t be afraid to ask for it to be replaced before you buy the house.
- Try to avoid homes with lead pipe. This has been known to allow lead to enter one’s bloodstream, which can be very unhealthy for you and your family.
- Inspect all the crawl spaces, attics, and basements for water damage, leaky plumbing pipes or inadequate repairs.
Don’t get duped into buying a new house with old, undependable plumbing. Make sure you know your stuff before going into negotiations for your new home. Or else you may be calling Sunshine Plumbing of South Florida to fix all of the problems that are bound to arise from a troubled house. We’ll leave a link below just in case.
You can always contact your local plumber to do an inspection of your home.